15 May, 2006

A Start

Yes, it does seem to me that I have been away for much longer than what was intended. Sometimes one must take their life by the hand and make changes, so that we do not become complacent.

During my time in limbo I have done much soul searching, as well as healing. My past seems a distant memory - one that is a fugue of smelly old shoes, and dirty underwear. The time to start anew planted itself firmly in my backside, and I grabbed it falling headfirst into a world that had previously only existed as fantasy.

I have been in Australia since October 28, 2005. My original intention was to write immediately after my arrival. The daily grind would be written out, here in my blog. This never happened. Call me lazy, slack, or whatever suits your fancy. I just didn’t feel the need. But now that I have fulfilled my laziness, and moved past being who I was (and into who I now am) I think I will be able to write, yet once again, the silliness that my life seems to bring about.

When I arrived in Griffith, I had a book in mind. It was a carry-over from my past, and I still may bring life to it yet. However, for now, I have begun a journey into a whole new concept of children’s books. It is with this new thought in mind that I am using this blog as a so-called warm up session each day. To get my creative juices a flowing this blog will be a step out of redundancy, and into creative operation.

What the hell does that mean?

It doesn’t matter.

What does matter is that I get my ass in gear and actually finish the book I have started. It means that I need to quit mucking about. It means that I need to take the world by the horns and pull it into submission. I need to make things go where I envision them, not to let myself be dragged by the current as it pulls me from here to there.

Fate can be ruled, once you see the options before you.


Enough of all that jazz…

I have been in Australia since October, and am still living here. My place of residence has moved from Griffith to Goulburn. I like this a hell of a lot more (I must state emphatically). Goulburn is only an hour and a half from Sydney, and an Hour to the beach.

I think this is enough of a warm-up for now, time to get cracking. I’ll be writing of my travails on a daily basis from now on.

See you in the arvo,

Seeker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home